Protect your DMK JAOLI BANK Card online account from frauds
- What is Phishing?
Phishing is an act of attempting to acquire information such as user names, passwords, and debit card details by disguised entities with malicious intent. It can be in the form of an email, SMS, website screen or pop-up that appears to be from your bank or card issuer. Please note that we will never ask for any confidential data like login credentials, password, One Time Password (OTP), CVV or PIN.
Follow these simple steps to protect yourself:
- Do not disclose your CVV, One Time Password (OTP), online account ID and password or any other sensitive information to anyone, including DMK JAOLI BANK Card representatives.
- Do not open attachments in emails coming from strange or unknown sources, as they may contain virus or Trojan, which transmit keyed-in details to phishers.
- Type the web address in the browser whenever you intend to visit the DMK JAOLI BANK site. Do not use links provided in emails sent from unknown resources.
- Change all your passwords frequently and from your personal computer.
- Avoid the use of cyber cafés and public kiosks for online transactions or for accessing any online account.
- Log out from your account and then close the browser window, after completing your transaction.
- Check the last log in date and time details in your online account everytime you log in.
- Register your email and mobile number with DMK JAOLI BANK Card so that you can get regular alerts about your account.
- Check your DMK JAOLI BANK Card statements properly for any suspicious transactions. If you ever notice any unauthorised transactions, immediately report the same to DMK JAOLI BANK Card helpline.
- Install effective antivirus, anti-spyware and personal firewall on your computer and mobile phone and update them regularly.
- Check the site you want to transact on for secure symbols like https:// or the padlock icon.
- What is Skimming?
Skimming is the theft of debit card information through a legitimate transaction.
The debit card number and/or details are procured using basic methods such as photocopying receipts or more advanced methods such as using a small electronic device called skimmer to swipe and store hundreds of such debit card numbers. Skimming can be conducted at restaurants, bars, gas stations and retail counters where the physical use of card is done.
- How to prevent your card from getting skimmed: Review your debit card statements properly and regularly. If you ever observe a disputed or suspicious transaction, report the same to our helpline immediately
- Remember to collect your card after transaction.
- Do not handover your DMK JAOLI BANK Card to anyone including Bank representatives
- Cover your keypad while you are typing in your PIN number. Use your hand and body to cover your keypad when operating a handheld pin-pad or a payment processing machine like an ATM. This will prevent shoulder surfers and pinhole cameras from observing your PIN number
- Always ensure that your card is swiped in your presence. Pay at the terminal instead of giving your card to a waiter for payment processing, after dining at restaurants.
- What is Vishing?
Vishing is a combination of Voice and Phishing that uses Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) technology, wherein, fraudsters attempt to collect your personal data, pretending to be calling on behalf of your bank or debit card company.
Please note that we will never ask you for any confidential data like debit card CVV, PIN, login credentials, password, One Time Password (OTP), etc.
If you have any suspicions about any such request being made to you, please call up the helpline to confirm the request.
You can call the DMK JAOLI BANK Card helpline at: 022-23805050
Contact us if you suspect any fraudulent activity or transaction in your account, please call our DMK JAOLI BANK Card helpline.